MULTI-USE SKIN STAPLER
Arrow Guide, Open Nose Piece & Angled Tip Design
For Clear View and Accurate Staple Replacement.
Unload & Loading Instructions
Pad Printed on Multi-Ise Handle and Single Use Cartridge.
Clear View High Impact Handle
For Easier Cleaning
Features & Benefits
- Multi-Use design is a logical economic choice
- Multi-use handle allows for less inventory needed on shelves and less spent packaging in the OR Suite.
- Multi-Use Handle is Autoclavable and rated for at least 30 uses making it more environmentally friendly by reducing the number of handles and plastic disposed into the environment
- Open nose piece, angled tip design, and arrow guide give a clear view of staple placement for accurate and consistent placement
- Unload and load instructions are pad printed on the Multi-Use Handle and single use Cartridge.
- Cormed stapler releases staple when the handle is fully depressed and confirmation of staple formation is confirmed with tactile and audible feedback.
- Clear view high impact handle for easier cleaning.
- Multi-use Handle and Single use Cartridge makes this skin stapler perfect for Cardiac Surgeries (saffenous vein harvesting) or any surgery using more than 35 staples in single patient use.
- MRI Compatible.
- Cormed’s ergonomic design gives clinicians more area to work with between the hand and the skin.
- Cormed helps to cut down on the possibility of unwanted edema by helping to keep the nose of our stapler parallel to the skin.
- Cormed’s ergonomic design gives cliniciansmore area to work with between the hand and the skin.
Skin Staples are often used instead of sutures to close skin because of their perceived ease of use, time savings to implement, and possible better clinical outcomes such as quicker and cleaner wound healing characteristics. Skin Staplers have become the dominant and widely accepted form of skin closure in developed markets.
The Global Skin Stapler market is estimated at roughly $120 million dollars worldwide, with 75% of that sold in the US.
90% of those sales are in the WIDE variety of staples / staplers.
Nearly all of the total worldwide supply of 20 million staplers produced per year are not “green” and are disposed of after single patient use. If everyone used Cormed’s Reposable stapler system, we could estimate a reduction in that number of handles immediately to 30 times less then 20,000,000, or to only 650 – 700 hundred thousand stapler handles per year!
Staples are formed from 316L surgical grade stainless steel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions about our Cormed multi-use skin stapler. If you can’t find the answer to your question or would like us to elaborate on any of these topics for you please feel free to contact us for more information.
Q+Is the Stapler Handle Re-Loadable with multiple cartridges over many patients or just one patient and then thrown away?AThe stapler handle is reusable and is intended for multi-patient use; as long as proper sterilization technique for the handle is followed and all cartridges are disposed of after single patient use.
Q+Are the Cormed staples MRI compatible?A
Yes, Cormed staples are compatible with MRI and NMR static fields up to (3) three tesla.
Q+How many uses per handle can I reasonably expect?ACormed stapler handles achieve an average of 30 autoclave cycles. Ensuring proper sterilization temperatures used to sterilize the handle may greatly improve the effective life of the handle.
QWhat can I do if the handle does not last the recommended amount of uses?+APlease check to see if the handles are being autoclaved at the correct temperature for this instrument as outlined in the IFU. Any sterilization of the handle above 270 df may lessen the effective use of the handle. Please check to ensure the sterilization unit is calibrated correctly. Please Contact your local representative
QDo I need a staple remover specific to Cormed to remove Cormed staples?+ANo, most all staple removers are compatible to remove a Cormed staple.